Electric Vehicle Chargers
Standard models are described below. They are :
In addition, we can custom design any special charger you may require.
- 3KW EVC207
- 1.2KW EVC203)
- 300W EVC101
Our chargers feature multi-stage charge algorithms, in firmware, for ordered
chemistry. The Chemistry can be always changed by replacing a chip.
EVC207: 3KW Isolated Power-Factor-Corrected On-Board Charger
(Ordered for any 48V to 200V Battery from 115VAC, 208VAC or 230VAC line).
Sinusoidal current from line so your hydro meter registers the useful charge energy
- COMPACT & ISOLATED.
- POWER FACTOR CORRECTED (PFC): wide input voltage range (90 to 260VAC) and draws
(refer to BMS section of this website).
- SHORT CIRCUIT AND WRONG BATTERY POLARITY PROTECTED.
- FIRMWARE DRIVEN ALGORITHM FOR EVERY BATTERY CHEMISTRY.
- AMBIENT TEMPERATURE COMPENSATED.
- LED AND BEEPER indications for ALARMS and BATTERY State of Charge.
- PULSED EQUALIZATION CHARGE PHASE
- OPTIONAL RELAY OPENS DURING CHARGE (prevents Drive away)
- ALARM INPUT & FIRMWARE TO LOWER ITS CHARGE CURRENT FOR LITHIUM BATTERY
Input Voltage: 90 to 260VAC
Output Voltage: up to equalization voltage of the ordered battery (190V for 144V battery).
Output Current: 3000W divided by absorb voltage. For example, 45A for 84V battery.
Efficiency: at least 90%
Isolation: The line input and battery output are galvanically isolated.
Controls: Standard unit has no operator Controls. It automatically performs a multi-stage charge.
Firmware upgrades: is factory provided for future battery chemistries, upon or after purchase.
Temperature Sensor: Internal sensor measures ambient temp.
Charge Phase Indications: by 3 LEDs.
Protections: Against over-current, over-heating and reverse battery connection.
Alarm: Beeper to attract attention upon faults.
Size & Weight:: 12x8x3.5 inches, 8 lb.
EVC203: 1.2KW Isolated Switch Mode Charger
(Ordered for Any 24 to 160V Battery from 115V)
- COMPACT AND LIGHT FOR ON-BOARD INSTALLATION.
- ISOLATED & MICROPROCESSOR BASED AUTOMATIC CHARGER.
- FIRMWARE DRIVEN CHARGE ALGORITHM FOR ANY CHEMISTRY.
- TEMPERATURE COMPENSATED.
- SHORT-CIRCUIT AND REVERSE BATTERY PROTECTED.
- LED CHARGE STATUS INDICATION AND BEEPER ALARM.
- OPTIONAL ANTI-DRIVE AWAY RELAY.
- ALARM INPUT & FIRMWARE TO LOWER CURRENT FOR LITHIUM BATTERY
(refer to BMS section of this website).
This charger features are same as EVC207 except it has lower power (1.2KW), has no power factor
correction (efficiency 75%). It isoffered for 115VAC only.
Sealed models for both chargers (EVC203S & EVC207S) are available for boat and
- AUTOMATICALLY CHARGES YOUR 12V ACCESSORY BATTERY up to 20A.
- GALVANICALLY ISOLATED INPUT AND OUTPUT.
- ORDERED FOR SPECIFIED INPUT BATTERY VOLTAGE .
- ADJUSTABLE OUTPUT AROUND 14V
- INTERNAL RELAY TO SWITCH INPUT HIGH VOLTAGE OFF BY KEY-SWITCH
This Isolated Converter automatically charges 12V accessory battery from the main
high voltage traction battery. Without it, you need 2 line charges; one for high
voltage traction battery and the other for 12V accessory battery.
INPUT VOLTAGE: 48 to 200V DC (specify per order).
OUTPUT VOLTAGE :Adjustable 11V to 16V
OUTPUT CURRENT: It is limited to 20A and decreases as 12V battery becomes charged. Becomes zero when
12V battery is fully charged.
PROTECTION: Input and Outputs are fuse protected..
ADJUSTMENTS: Internal Potentiometer to set maximum output battery voltage (factory set to 14.5V).
SIZE & WEIGHT: approximately 8x4x2 inches and 3 lb. Aluminum enclosure with mounting flange.
ENVIRONMENT: -20 to +45 °C operation
All our chargers have microprocessor/Firmware-based charge algorithm. So, if you order your charger
for Lead Acid, you can always change it later, say to Lithium, by just replacing a chip.
The standard algorithm offered for Lead-Acid battery is as follows:
RAMP PHASE: The charger starts by ramping from 0 Amp to its maximum current.
BULK PHASE: It feeds maximum current, to battery, until its voltage reaches ABSORB value.
ABSORB PHASE: Keeps the battery voltage at ABSORB value (about 2.45 per cell). As battery is
charged, current drops. When current reaches 3A, it goes to PULSED EQUALIZATION.
PULSED EQUALIZATION: for 3 minutes, 2.55V / cell is applied for 30 sec and removed for 30 sec.
COMPETE PHASE: It stops or goes to FLOAT Mode (specify which) where 2.1V/ cell is applied.
EV DCDC Accessory Converter (Cross Charger)
T0 Charge 12 EV Accessory Battery from HV Traction Battery Pack
EVC101: 300W Switch-mode charger for small EV:
- Compact Isolated charger ordered for 24 to 48V battery of small EV (Scooter, etc).
- It provides 500W charge ( 10A for 36V battery)
- Compact (8x4x2 inches and 2 lb)
- Low Cost
- Bulk and Absorb charge cycles.