Motor Controllers & Throttles
We make Speed Controllers for Brushed and Brush-less DC motors. They are
Unidirectional or BI-Directional
They all feature:
- Over-Current, Under-Voltage and Thermal protection.
- High Pedal Disable.
- Firmware based to meet any custom Acceleration/ Deceleration.
- Optional Input from BMS and Firmware to shutdown after a timeout
See our throttles at the bottom of this page
Models for 24 to 200V with 500A Current limit.
Used for Cars or Car Conversions, Electric Trucks, etc.
- Uses 5K POT type throttle
- Isolated Key input to use 12V Accessory Battery to power
- 10KHz Chopping frequency.
- Analog current limit with digital shutdown back up.
- Size 11x7x3.5 inches and weight 6 lb.
- Brass Bolts for power and Screw Terminals for Pot and Key
Medium Size Controllers:
24 to 200V with 200 Current Limit. For Golf Carts,
Garden Tractor, E-Boats, Solar Cars, School Project
- Uses 5K Pot or Hall effect type throttle.
- It features internal HV to 12V Converter for Key switch.
- 10KHz chopping frequency
- Analog Current limit with digital shutdown back up.
- Uses Copper rods for power connection.
- Size 8x6x2.2 inches and Weight less than 5 lb
- 12 or 24V with 55A limit;
- It is used for Scooters, Electric Bikes, Tricycles,
Go-Carts and other small vehicles.
- Uses Quick-Connect lugs for power connections.
- Uses 5-pin header connector for Key, Brake input and Throttle.
- 4KHz chopping frequency
- Size 4.5"x3.5"x1" Weight less than 3/4 lb.
- Environment -30 to 50 deg C.
- Low Cost, Rugged and Easy to Use.
For 24 to 72V Motor with 50 to 300A Current Limit (specify).
- Fully Solid State
- For Electric Boat, Sail Boat docking or Industrial Truck applications
requiring quick direction change.
- Two types of Direction commands are offered (specify):
I. Use 5K Pot for both; stops at 2.5K, above 2.5K goes
forward an higher faster, under 2.5K goes reverse and lower faster).
A lever type throttle is offered for this type(see photo).
II. A toggle switch for direction change and a POT for speed.
- Internal DC-DC Converter to produce 12V from HV Battery.
- Copper Rods for Power connections.
- Header connector for control (POT and Key).
Ideal for Sailboat Docking & Industrial Trucks going frequently back and forth
5K ohm POT-Type Throttles for EV Motor Controllers:
Designed for our EVRTC bidirectional controller (best to use on E-boats).
- Two wire 0-5K potbox..
- Foot Pedal or Pull-Wire Models: spring loaded for unidirectional controllers.
- Friction loaded model: like wire type but with a knob on arm instead of wire lever.
friction loaded models.
- Optional 5Amp Micro-switch: opens when throttle is released.
- Small and Low Cost.
- can be mounted on a vertical or horizontal surface with two 8-32 screws.
- Sizes: 3x2x1 inches for foot-pedal model. 2.5x2.x1 inches for pull wire and
- 0.5 inch mounting flange.
- The handle is 4" long for wire model and has a 2.5" x 1.3" pedal for foot model.
- Weight under 1 lb
- Construction Aluminum and Galvanized steel.
• Uses 5K POT or Hall-effect throttles.
• Direction reverse; either by Pot (Pot center-stop, clockwise forward
and anti-clockwise reverse) or by a toggle switch(Pot used for speed).
• Aluminum enclosure as standard package; optionally Potted.
• Specified as BLDC voltage- Current limit. For example BLDC24V-50A.
• Brake input: cuts motor power when a brake contact closes.
• Tachometer output: produces pulses at motor RPM rate.
• Over-current and over-temperature protected.
• Applications for hub motors used in electric bikes, scooters,
motorcycles, min-cars, etc.
These controllers output 3-phase AC to drive a brushless DC motor as function of Hall-Effect sensors of the
They are used for industrial brushless DC motors as well as brushless Hub motors of modern EVs.
They are electronically reversible by 2 methods (specify); either by the throttle Pot only (stop for Pot center,
forward when Pot is set above center and reverse when Pot is below its center) OR by a toggle switch (Pot
used for speed only).
They feature extra signals; such as brake input (to cut the motor power) and tachometer output for EV
Also they have internal HV to 12V converter to power the key switch.
- Input Battery Voltage: ordered for 24 to 360V battery
- 5K Pot or Hall-effect type throttle compatibility (specify which)
- Motor Current: ordered for current limits in 30 to 300A range, above which over-current protection cuts the
- Motor Power Wiring: 3 power wires which output 3-phase AC to the motor.
- Motor Position Sense: 5 -wires; 5V, GND and 3 sensor position readings.
- Closed contact for Brake input, it cuts the power to the motor.
- Tachometer 12V pulse; at the rate of motor RPM.
- Optional auxiliary signals: customized per customer requirements such as control of vehicle lights, etc.
- Over current and over-temperature protected
2. EVRTC Bi-Directional (4- Quadrant) Controller
1. Brushed DC Motor Controllers
4. BRUSHLES MOTOR CONTROLLERS
Reversible Controllers for 24 to 360V Brushless motors with 30 to 300A current limits